22-23 May 2018, Helsinki
Training and study visit: Fostering a transition towards smarter & greener cities with EU-Funded projects and programmes
Join us in Helsinki during EU Green Week to learn more about Sustainable (Urban) Development in EU Policies. This event is organised in partnership with Sitra, Finland’s leading driver of the circular economy.
Day 1: Training
- Evolving strategic context for urban development across the EU
- Strategies for integrated urban development
- Implementation & delivery methods: appraisal & verification, monitoring of outputs & results
- Presentation of Finland’s roadmap of the transition to the circular economy – by Sitra
Day 2: Study visit of the best circular economy examples in the Helsinki metropolitan area
- Helsinki Metropolitan Smart&Clean Foundation: meet the organisation that helps turning the Helsinki capital region into a world-class test platform for clean and smart solutions to today’s urban challenges
- Finnish Environment Institute SYKE: Learning about the LIFE-funded CIRCWASTE project from consortium leaders
- Company Niimaar: sustainable, modular design products (Helsinki, Stockholm and Barcelona-based)
- Learn from some of Europe’s best examples in circular economy and sustainable urban development
Work jointly on a Sustainable Urban Development Strategy with experts and practitioners from different EU Member States.
Discuss promoting Sustainable Development and Circular Economy in your programmes: both the current programmes and post-2020.
EU Green Week is your annual opportunity to debate and discuss European environmental policy. Organised by the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Environment, this key event in the environment policy calendar attracts policymakers, leading environmentalists, stakeholders, and other interested parties from across Europe and the globe.